By Scott Piepenburg
AV collections in libraries are disintegrating, and their playback gear is quickly to be out of date. Digitizing will be the answer to decay and for persevered access.
• deals easy-to-understand counsel on how one can use digitizing to allow your library to recoup its funding in superseded yet often-expensive AV collections
• Discusses use of off-the-shelf and shareware technology
• Covers construction of metadata for discovery layer access
• indicates how digitized fabrics could be made on hand over the web, making them even more available than the actual versions
• offers details to create a course for destiny initiatives and for garage of output information
• stocks wisdom that's transferable to media except these mentioned within the book
Read Online or Download Digitizing Audiovisual and Nonprint Materials: The Innovative Librarian's Guide: The Innovative Librarian's Guide PDF
Best library & information science books
Teaching Emergent Readers: Collaborative Library Lesson by Judy Sauerteig PDF
The aim of this ebook is to offer media experts, academics and/or instructor helpers and fogeys a consultant to utilizing starting bankruptcy books to inspire first and moment graders to learn independently. The ebook includes in-depth lesson plans for 35 early bankruptcy books. every one lesson comprises bibliographic info plus atmosphere, characters, plot, resolution, and ebook precis.
Go Get That Grant!: A Practical Guide for Libraries and by Gail M. Staines PDF
In those difficult fiscal instances, investment possibilities have diminished, whereas pageant for monies has elevated. therefore, this how-to advisor is a needs to for a person drawn to writing, deciding to buy, and imposing delivers. Designed for libraries and nonprofit corporations, cross Get That furnish! contains information regarding kinds of supplies on hand via executive organizations and foundations, in addition to find out how to find investment possibilities.
Read e-book online ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, Fourth PDF
The one issues librarians appear to come across extra frequently than acronyms are strings of jargon and arcane technical phrases—and there are such a lot of floating round that even simply interpreting an editorial in a certified magazine can bewilder skilled librarians, to assert not anything of these new to the career!
Willard Mccarty,Marilyn Deegan's Collaborative Research in the Digital Humanities (Digital PDF
Collaboration inside electronic humanities is either a pertinent and a urgent subject because the conventional mode of the humanist, operating by myself in his or her examine, is supplemented by means of explicitly co-operative, interdependent and collaborative examine. this can be rather actual the place computational equipment are hired in large-scale electronic humanities tasks.
- European Modernism and the Information Society: Informing the Present, Understanding the Past: 0
- Collection Management Basics, 6th Edition (Library and Information Science Text Series)
- Inherent Strategies in Library Management
- Going Beyond Loaning Books to Loaning Technologies: A Practical Guide for Librarians (Practical Guides for Librarians)
- Using Tablets and Apps in Libraries (Library Technology Essentials)
Additional info for Digitizing Audiovisual and Nonprint Materials: The Innovative Librarian's Guide: The Innovative Librarian's Guide
Digitizing Audiovisual and Nonprint Materials: The Innovative Librarian's Guide: The Innovative Librarian's Guide by Scott Piepenburg