By Kate Theimer
Case reviews cover
- Crowdsourcing the outline of Collections
- Early reports with imposing EAC-CPF
- Conducting a accomplished Survey to bare a Hidden Repository
- Getting a various Backlog of Legacy discovering Aids on-line
- A Collaborative Standards-Based method of growing Item-Level Metadata for Digitized Archival Materials
- Creating rules and tactics for needed association and outline by means of documents Creators
- Collaboration in Cataloging: Sourcing wisdom from close to and much for a difficult Collection
- Using LibGuides to Rescue Paper Ephemera from the Bibliographic Underbrush
- Describing documents, humans, firms and services: The Empowering the User Project’s versatile Archival Catalogue
- Integrating Born-Digital fabrics into typical Workflows
- Describing unmarried goods for Discovery and Access
These profitable and cutting edge practices can help archivists and designated collections librarians larger describe their collections for you to be effectively accessed and clients can find definitely the right materials.
Readers can use those as types, assets of notion, or beginning issues for brand new discussions. the quantity could be helpful to these operating in files and certain collections in addition to different cultural history organisations, and gives rules starting from those who require long term making plans and coordination to ones which may be instantly applied. It additionally offers scholars and educators in records, library, and public historical past graduate courses a source for realizing the range of how fabrics are being defined within the box this present day and the categories of ideas archivists are utilizing to make sure collections are available via the folk who are looking to use them.
Read or Download Description: Innovative Practices for Archives and Special Collections PDF
Similar library & information science books
The aim of this ebook is to provide media experts, lecturers and/or instructor helpers and oldsters a advisor to utilizing starting bankruptcy books to motivate first and moment graders to learn independently. The booklet includes in-depth lesson plans for 35 early bankruptcy books. every one lesson includes bibliographic details plus environment, characters, plot, resolution, and e-book precis.
In those difficult fiscal occasions, investment possibilities have lowered, whereas pageant for monies has elevated. hence, this how-to consultant is a needs to for somebody drawn to writing, purchasing, and imposing can provide. Designed for libraries and nonprofit firms, move Get That provide! comprises information regarding forms of can provide to be had via executive firms and foundations, in addition to the way to find investment possibilities.
The single issues librarians appear to come across extra usually than acronyms are strings of jargon and arcane technical phrases—and there are such a lot of floating round that even simply interpreting a piece of writing in a certified magazine can bewilder skilled librarians, to assert not anything of these new to the occupation!
Collaboration inside electronic humanities is either a pertinent and a urgent subject because the conventional mode of the humanist, operating on my own in his or her examine, is supplemented by way of explicitly co-operative, interdependent and collaborative study. this can be rather precise the place computational equipment are hired in large-scale electronic humanities tasks.
- Job Stress and the Librarian: Coping Strategies from the Professionals
- The Library Mobile Experience: Practices and User Expectations
- Using the Biological Literature: A Practical Guide, Fourth Edition
- Role of Standards in Sci-Tech Libraries
- Online Trolling and Its Perpetrators: Under the Cyberbridge
- Libraries and Society: Role, Responsibility and Future in an Age of Change (Chandos Information Professional Series)
Additional info for Description: Innovative Practices for Archives and Special Collections
Description: Innovative Practices for Archives and Special Collections by Kate Theimer