By Shari Miller,Leslie D. Leve,Patricia K. Kerig
Traditionally, antisocial ladies have been thought of an anomaly, a unprecedented phenomenon attracting little scholarly become aware of. this day, multiple in 4 formative years offenders is lady, and researchers and practitioners alike are speedy turning their recognition and assets to handle this not easy scenario. Delinquent ladies: Contexts, Relationships, and Adaptation synthesizes what's identified approximately women interested by antisocial habit and their studies at assorted issues within the juvenile justice system.
This step forward quantity provides to the knowledge of this inhabitants by means of delivering empirical research not just of ways those behaviors strengthen but in addition approximately what's being performed to interfere. applying a number of theoretical versions, qualitative and quantitative facts assets, legislations enforcement files, and insights across disciplines, major students overview factors and correlates; the jobs of relatives and friends; mental and criminal concerns; coverage alterations leading to extra arrests of younger women; and evidence-based prevention and intervention strategies.
Each bankruptcy covers its topic extensive, delivering idea, findings, and destiny instructions. vital themes addressed include:
- Narrowing the gender hole – developments in women’ delinquency.
- Girls on the intersection of youngster justice, legal justice, and baby welfare.
- Trauma publicity, psychological overall healthiness matters, and women’ delinquency.
- Beyond the stereotypes: women in gangs.
- Intervention courses for at-risk and court-involved girls.
- Implications for perform and policy.
With its huge scope and solution-oriented concentration, Delinquent ladies: Contexts, Relationships, and Adaptation is a must have quantity for researchers, pros, graduate scholars, and social coverage specialists in scientific baby and college psychology, social paintings, juvenile justice, criminology, developmental psychology, and sociology.
Read or Download Delinquent Girls: Contexts, Relationships, and Adaptation PDF
Similar developmental psychology books
Presently, there are varieties of pediatric affliction books available: high point technical books aimed at pediatric experts, and self-help books for parents. The technical books hide analysis and remedy, whereas the self-help books conceal normal difficulties, are unmarried authored, and converse little to the learn of any given sickness.
First released in 1985. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Simultaneous and Successive Cognitive procedures provides a few cutting edge rules for outlining simultaneous and successive cognitive strategies via making a choice on yes initiatives that may elicit using coding and making plans. issue research is used to evaluate the association of cognitive capabilities when it comes to coding and making plans.
Representing improvement provides different social representations that experience shaped the assumption of improvement in Western pondering over the last 3 centuries. providing an acute point of view at the present country of developmental technological know-how and offering optimistic insights into destiny pathways, the booklet attracts jointly twelve individuals with quite a few multidisciplinary and foreign views to concentration upon improvement in fields together with biology, psychology and sociology.
- Handbook of Parenting: Volume 4 Social Conditions and Applied Parenting: 004
- Later-Life Social Support and Service Provision in Diverse and Vulnerable Populations: Understanding Networks of Care (Society and Aging Series)
- The Treatment of Sex Offenders with Developmental Disabilities: A Practice Workbook
- Intergenerational Transmission of Child Maltreatment (SpringerBriefs in Social Work)
- Generationenbeziehungen in Stieffamilien: Der Einfluss leiblicher und sozialer Elternschaft auf die Ausgestaltung von Eltern-Kind-Beziehungen im Erwachsenenalter (German Edition)
Additional info for Delinquent Girls: Contexts, Relationships, and Adaptation
Delinquent Girls: Contexts, Relationships, and Adaptation by Shari Miller,Leslie D. Leve,Patricia K. Kerig