By Thomas A. Jefferson,Marc A. Webber,Robert L. Pitman
This new version of Marine Mammals of the realm describes and illustrates newly came upon and infrequently photographed species, making it the main finished and up to date identity consultant available.
This variation maintains to fulfill the research-focused wishes of marine biologists and conservation biologists by way of supplying a massive inflow of recent photographs, profiting from advances in electronic and auto-focusing images, and the emergence of marine mammal reviews and "whalewatching" around the globe. The publication encompasses cetacean, pinniped, and sirenian species, in addition to extinct species, and describes easy biology and taxonomic groupings of marine mammals.
- Contains outstanding photos of each species of marine mammal for exact identification
- Authors own approximately eighty years of collective event with just about all of the species and certain geographic varieties defined within the guide
- Provides the main unique and anatomically actual illustrations presently to be had, together with greater than 750 new illustrations
- Special emphasis is put on the identity of species in "problem groups," akin to the beaked whales, long-beaked oceanic dolphins, and southern fur seals
- Includes a close record of assets for extra information
- Contains up to date taxonomy together with 4 new species