By Ian Aitken
The Concise Routledge Encyclopedia of the Documentary Film is an absolutely foreign reference paintings at the background of the documentary movie from the Lumière brothers' Workers Leaving the Lumière Factory (1885) to Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 911 (2004).
Previously released in 3 volumes, entries were edited and up-to-date for the hot, concise version and 3 new entries were further on: India, China and Africa.
The Concise Routledge Encyclopedia of the Documentary Film:
- Discusses person motion pictures and filmmakers together with little-known filmmakers from international locations reminiscent of India, Bosnia, China and others
- Examines the documentary filmmaking traditions inside of international locations and areas, or inside old sessions in areas reminiscent of Iran, Brazil, Portugal, and Japan
- Explores topics, matters, and representations in documentary movie together with human rights, modernism, homosexuality, and global warfare I, in addition to sorts of documentary movie resembling newsreels and academic films
- Elaborates on construction businesses, organisations, gala's, and associations corresponding to the yankee movie Institute, Ceylon Tea Propaganda Board, sizzling doctors (Toronto), and the area Union of Documentary
- Describes kinds, concepts, and technical concerns corresponding to animation, computing device imaging, enhancing strategies, IMAX, song, and spoken commentary
Bringing jointly all features of documentary movie, this available concise version presents a useful source for either students and scholars. With movie stills from key motion pictures, this source offers the decisive access element into the heritage of an artwork form.