By Frederick B. Churchill
Read or Download August Weismann PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
Cremona violins occupy a different and storied position in violin heritage. This booklet includes a short account of that background — the increase and fall of the Cremonese paintings of violin making that ruled over centuries. it really is essentially dedicated, despite the fact that, to the physics at the back of violin acoustics, particularly the learn of William F “Jack” Fry during the last numerous many years.
In a close reconstruction of the genesis of Feynman diagrams the writer unearths that their improvement was once consistently pushed by means of the try to unravel primary difficulties in regards to the uninterpretable infinities that arose in quantum in addition to classical theories of electrodynamic phenomena. hence, as a comparability with the graphical representations that have been in use ahead of Feynman diagrams indicates, the ensuing concept of quantum electrodynamics, that includes Feynman diagrams, differed considerably from past models of the speculation within the manner within which the suitable phenomena have been conceptualized and modelled.
This publication, first released 1931, examines the attitudes surrounding the ordinary sciences on the time of writing, and contends that an unreflective trust within the strength of technology, and particularly in humanity’s ability to show such wisdom to noble ends, may lead to catastrophic effects for human civilisation.
Track as a technological know-how of Mankind bargains a philosophical and old viewpoint at the highbrow illustration of song in British eighteenth-century tradition. From the sector of traditional philosophy, concerning the technology of sounds and acoustics, to the world of mind's eye, related to resounding track and paintings, the branches of recent tradition that have been desirous about the highbrow culture of the technology of song proved to be variously attractive to males of letters.
- The Works of Charles Darwin: Vol 29: Erasmus Darwin (1879) / the Autobiography of Charles Darwin (1958) (The Pickering Masters)
- The Invisible Hand in Economics: How Economists Explain Unintended Social Consequences (Routledge INEM Advances in Economic Methodology)
- Romantic Biology, 1890–1945 (History and Philosophy of Biology)
- Historia general de la ciencia en México en el siglo XX (Seccion de Obras de Ciencia y Tecnologia) (Spanish Edition)
- The Concept of Probability in Statistical Physics (Cambridge Studies in Probability, Induction and Decision Theory)
- Forces in Physics: A Historical Perspective (Greenwood Guides to Great Ideas in Science)
Extra resources for August Weismann
August Weismann by Frederick B. Churchill