By Bruno Cozzi,Stefan Huggenberger,Helmut A Oelschläger
The Anatomy of Dolphins: Insights into physiology and Function is an actual, designated, absolutely illustrated, descriptive, and functionally orientated textual content at the anatomy and morphology of dolphins. It specializes in a few delphinid species, with keynotes on very important dolphin-like genera, corresponding to the harbor porpoise. It additionally serves as an invaluable supplement for increasing developments and emphases in molecular biology and genetics.
The authors proportion their life-long services on marine mammals in quite a few disciplines. Written as a crew instead of being ready as a set of separate contributions, the result's a uniform and entire type, giving all of the diverse subject matters applicable house. Many colour figures, which use the authors’ entry to vast collections of targeted dolphin and whale fabric, around out this remarkable supplying to the field.
- Includes top of the range illustrations, drawings, halftone art, photographic documentations, microphotos, and tables detailing dolphin anatomy, functionality, and morphology
- Facilitates schooling and coaching of scholars of all uncomplicated learn and technologies devoted to marine biology and the therapy of marine mammals
- Brings jointly the present wisdom and knowledge in this subject, together with these in vague prior or non-English guides, or scattered briefly chapters in volumes
- Covers a few delphinid species and serves as an invaluable supplement for increasing traits in molecular biology and genetics
Read or Download Anatomy of Dolphins: Insights into Body Structure and Function PDF
Similar marine biology books
Over the last ten years, a couple of new large-scale oceanographic courses were initiated. those comprise the weather Variability software (CLIVAR) and the new initiation of the Geochemical hint steel application (GEOTRACES). those stories and destiny tasks will produce a wealth of data at the biogeochemistry of the world’s oceans.
Shallow water acoustics (SWA), the examine of the way low and medium frequency sound propagates and scatters at the continental cabinets of the worlds oceans, has either technical curiosity and a great number of useful functions. Technically, shallow water poses an engaging medium for the learn of acoustic scattering, inverse thought, and propagation physics in a sophisticated oceanic waveguide.
Ever-increasing curiosity in oceanography and marine biology and their relevance to international environmental matters create a requirement for authoritative stories summarizing the result of contemporary study. Oceanography and Marine Biology: An Annual assessment has catered to this call for for the reason that its founding by way of the overdue Harold Barnes greater than 50 years in the past.
This booklet makes a speciality of the ecological affects of the nice East Japan Earthquake and ensuing tsunamis, a unprecedented and intensely huge disturbance occasion, on a variety of coastal ecosystems in Japan’s Tohoku sector, together with sub-tidal and tidal animal groups, sand dune plant groups and coastal forests.
- Global Seagrass Research Methods (Developments in Aquaculture and Fisheries Science)
- Marine Biofouling: Colonization Processes and Defenses
- A Study on Antimicrobial Effects of Nanosilver for Drinking Water Disinfection (Springer Theses)
- Deep-Sea Mining: Resource Potential, Technical and Environmental Considerations
- Trace Metals in a Tropical Mangrove Wetland: Chemical Speciation, Ecotoxicological Relevance and Remedial Measures
- Health of Antarctic Wildlife: A Challenge for Science and Policy
Extra info for Anatomy of Dolphins: Insights into Body Structure and Function
Anatomy of Dolphins: Insights into Body Structure and Function by Bruno Cozzi,Stefan Huggenberger,Helmut A Oelschläger