By Algernon Austin
This publication is the 1st in-depth exam of the 25 million americans with the main extreme hatred of President Obama—arguably the main Republican-friendly of contemporary Democratic presidents—and what the mindsets of those "Obama Haters" train us approximately race and ethnicity in the United States today.
• deals a critique of Obama from the left on his medical insurance reform, judicial and political appointments, civil liberties guidelines, academic reforms, and method for facing African American concerns
• offers demanding information displaying that Obama Haters are so severe of their conservatism and of their anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim, and anti-black attitudes that during comparability, Tea get together supporters seem to be moderate
• Boldly identifies concepts for facing white racial nervousness a couple of diversifying America
• presents empirically derived estimates of the share of the yank public with robust anti-black, anti-Latino, anti-immigrant, and anti-Muslim attitudes
Read Online or Download America is not Post-racial: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President PDF
Similar discrimination & racism books
`By assembling a world solid of members from all walks of study lifestyles, Professors Prasad, Pringle and Konrad effectively develop the scope of scholarly discourse on place of work range. This stimulating quantity considers how to find this fuzzy build, what changes" are extra very important than others, and the way to make top use of different learn equipment at various degrees of research.
According to unique assets, this crucial new e-book at the Holocaust explores neighborhood adaptations in civilians' attitudes and behaviour towards the Jewish inhabitants in Romania and the occupied Soviet Union. Gentiles' willingness to help Jews used to be higher in lands that have been below Soviet management throughout the inter-war interval, whereas gentiles' willingness to hurt Jews happened extra in lands that have been below Romanian management in the course of the comparable interval.
Via its research of the underlying political economic system of gender, caste and sophistication in India, this publication indicates how altering old geographies are shaping the subjectivities of Dalits throughout India in ways in which are neither fastened nor predictable. It brings jointly ethnographies from throughout India to discover caste politics, Dalit feminism and patriarchy, faith, economics and the ongoing socio-economic and political marginalisation of Dalits.
Family and overseas well-being activism and healthiness coverage are focal issues during this quantity, a ebook of the nationwide convention of Black Political Scientists. This paintings demonstrates the ongoing significance of the "medical civil rights movement," via examples of activism of ladies of color in AIDS carrier enterprises, in their overall healthiness matters, and of the fight for racial fairness in future health care in Brazil.
- The Ocean Hill-Brownsville Conflict: Intellectual Struggles between Blacks and Jews at Mid-Century
- The Queer Caribbean Speaks: Interviews with Writers, Artists, and Activists (New Caribbean Studies)
- Defining America: Through Immigration Policy (Maping Racisms)
- The State, Antisemitism, and Collaboration in the Holocaust: The Borderlands of Romania and the Soviet Union
Additional resources for America is not Post-racial: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President
America is not Post-racial: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President by Algernon Austin