By Georgina M. Montgomery,Mark A. Largent
- Covers themes together with astronomy, agriculture, chemistry, eugenics, tremendous technology, army expertise, and more
- Features contributions via the main comprehensive students within the box of technological know-how history
- Covers pivotal occasions in U.S. background that formed the advance of technology and technological know-how coverage comparable to WWII, the chilly struggle, and the Women’s Rights movement
Read or Download A Companion to the History of American Science (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
Cremona Violins:A Physicist's Quest for the Secrets of - download pdf or read online
Cremona violins occupy a different and storied position in violin historical past. This ebook features a short account of that heritage — the increase and fall of the Cremonese paintings of violin making that ruled over centuries. it really is basically committed, notwithstanding, to the physics at the back of violin acoustics, in particular the learn of William F “Jack” Fry over the last numerous many years.
New PDF release: The Genesis of Feynman Diagrams: 26 (Archimedes)
In a close reconstruction of the genesis of Feynman diagrams the writer finds that their improvement was once continuously pushed by way of the try and unravel basic difficulties in regards to the uninterpretable infinities that arose in quantum in addition to classical theories of electrodynamic phenomena. hence, as a comparability with the graphical representations that have been in use sooner than Feynman diagrams exhibits, the ensuing concept of quantum electrodynamics, that includes Feynman diagrams, differed considerably from past types of the speculation within the means within which the appropriate phenomena have been conceptualized and modelled.
Read e-book online World Chaos: The Responsibility of Science (Routledge PDF
This ebook, first released 1931, examines the attitudes surrounding the normal sciences on the time of writing, and contends that an unreflective trust within the strength of technological know-how, and particularly in humanity’s ability to show such wisdom to noble ends, may lead to catastrophic effects for human civilisation.
Read e-book online Music as a Science of Mankind in Eighteenth-Century Britain PDF
Track as a technological know-how of Mankind bargains a philosophical and historic point of view at the highbrow illustration of tune in British eighteenth-century tradition. From the sector of ordinary philosophy, related to the technology of sounds and acoustics, to the world of mind's eye, concerning resounding track and artwork, the branches of recent tradition that have been fascinated with the highbrow culture of the technology of song proved to be variously beautiful to males of letters.
- Collected Works of Charles François Sturm
- Thomist Realism and the Linguistic Turn: Toward a More Perfect Form of Existence
- The Chemical Works of Carl Wilhelm Scheele (SpringerBriefs in Molecular Science)
- Helping the Good Shepherd: Pastoral Counselors in a Psychotherapeutic Culture, 1925--1975: Pastoral Counselors in a Psychotherapeutic Culture, 1925-1975 ... Science, and Religion in Historical Context)
- Scientific Pluralism Reconsidered: A New Approach to the (Dis)Unity of Science
Additional resources for A Companion to the History of American Science (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to the History of American Science (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Georgina M. Montgomery,Mark A. Largent